Look at the beautiful northern lights captured recently from the ice road! Photo by: Peacock Photography. Post by Madeline Island. Powered by WPeMatico
Latest Blog Posts
- ABC covers for Hillary Clinton by smearing Jason Chaffetz
- HDR22@CLINTONEMAIL.COM Hillary Clinton’s private e-mail
- Do Taxpayers Benefit from Government Investing in Sports Arenas?
- Egyptian Government Closes 27,000 MOSQUES in Move to Fight Terrorism
- Gunshots hit building at National Security Agency
- House Approves Homeland Security Funding, Lets Obama’s Immigration Actions Stand
WAUKESHA — The Daily Press and County Journal both received recognition Friday when the Wisconsin Newspaper Association Foundation presented its 2014 Better Newspaper Contest awards. Read the rest at the Daily Press Powered by WPeMatico
Hurley, WI (NNCNOW.com) — Reaction has been mixed over Gogebic Taconite decision to close its office in Hurley, Wisconsin. The focus now is to look at other options to build the local economy. Read More at Northland’s News Center Powered by WPeMatico
The lead author of Wisconsin’s controversial iron mining bill said he’s disappointed with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for causing the mining company Gogebic Taconite to pull back on it’s Read More at the Price County Daily Powered by WPeMatico
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Logan Schuman tossed a complete game Tuesday as the Northland College baseball team picked up their first victory of the spring with a 4-2 win over John Carroll University. Read More at the Daily Press Powered by WPeMatico
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Big innings continue to haunt the Northland College softball team as they dropped a pair of games Tuesday. Kenyon College defeated the Jills 9-5, and York College blanked Northland Read More at the Daily Press Powered by WPeMatico
PORT WING — South Shore’s Blake Reijo scored the 1,000th point of his career Tuesday night as the Cardinals overcame a slow start and defeated the Winter Warriors 76-52 in a WIAA Division 5 regional b Read More at the Daily Press Powered by WPeMatico
RIVER FALLS — It was anticipated to be a defensive game. It lived up to that billing. River Falls managed to use their defense and quick transition game to defend their home court and advance to Frida Read More at the Daily Press Powered by WPeMatico
Visit Bayfield for an entire weekend dedicated to ‘Celebrating Ice, Snow and Cabin Fever!’ Special events throughout the weekend include: Run on Water, a race across the famous ice road from Bayfield to Madeline Island; Mt. Ashwabay’s WinterDASH, a wild and grueling winter obstacle course run; follow it up with WinterBASH, live music and dancing [Read More…]
We’re getting some snow (great for snowmobile and ski trails!) and the wind is scheduled to increase later, so stay tuned for an update on conditions at the caves, probably tomorrow. The Ice Caves will temporarily close Tuesday, March 3, at 6:00 pm due to a winter weather advisory and impending storm. Ice conditions [Read More…]
Apostle Islands Area News
- Miranda Lambert Commemorates Her Last Concert With Her Tour Mates By Getting Matching Tattoos!
- Noel Gallagher Goes After Taylor Swift For Her Song Writing Skills — Check Out What The Ex-Oasis Member Said HERE!
- Hugh Jackman Wants To Put His Part In Deadpool! Read About His Potential Wolverine Cameo HERE!
- Lea Michele Goes Crazy For Flowers On A Shopping Trip With BF Matthew Paetz!
- Cinderella Star Lily James Defends Her Waist After Online Criticism
Events & Community Happenings
News via The Blaze
- Rapist’s Shocking Comments About Victim: ‘She Shouldn’t Fight Back’
- FBI: Suspect Thought to Have Shot, Damaged NSA Building in Custody
- Why the Inventor Keurig K-Cups Says He Doesn’t Use the Plastic Coffee Pods
- Iranian-Born Reality TV Star Reveals Why He Supports Netanyahu: ‘I’m Down For Bombing Iran’
- More Details on the Hillary Email Saga: She Used Homebrew Computer System to Send Messages